Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame. – B.K.S. Iyengar
What is Raja Yoga?
Raja Yoga, also known as the royal yoga, is the eightfold path to self-realization, long ago masterfully described by Pantanjali in the Yoga Sutras. The eight steps of Yoga include: moral principles and ideals, focus on physical postures, energy control, detachment, concentration, meditation and contemplation. This form of yoga brings you back to the core of who you are, apart from all outside influences. In your heart you will find the most precious gift, your true self.
Benefits of Yoga
A part of Raja Yoga is Hatha Yoga, in which practicing asanas (yoga postures) are central. This works to preserve your health and reduce or resolve many complaints in the physical body. Raja Yoga has a powerful effect on your mental health and spiritual growth. This is done through Pranayama (breathing), concentration, visualization and meditation exercises.
- Flexibility, strength, improves posture and physical condition
- Improves breathing
- Dissolves fatigue
- Relieves asthma and back pain
- Reduces heart problems and high blood pressure
- Effective in the treatment of ADHD, depression, anxiety and eating disorders.
- Reduces stress and tension
- Increases confidence
Yoga practice takes you on an inward journey where you come to know yourself at a deeper level. Your spiritual heart opens and you become more sensitive to how you live your life and what your true purpose is in life. If you have the passion and true devotion to grow in this area, you can eventually reach the enlightened state.
Format of the lessons
- Focus on the here and now to let go of your worries.
- Relaxation and let go of all stress and tension that you have collected
- Asanas (yoga postures standing, sitting or lying down).
- Kriyas (cleansing exercises).
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Concentration or visualization exercise
- An explanation of the various yoga principles, chakras, etc.
- We conclude by sharing a cup of tea together
The classes are suitable for everyone. You do not have to be flexible to start Yoga. Yoga is a perfect practice if you’re primarily looking for relaxation or deepening. It is your personal and unique journey. Everyone works on his or her level in the exercises. If you regularly practice yoga you will notice that your mind and body will naturally become smoother and healthier. Amid all the chaos and challenges in your life you will always know how to regain your balance and function better in every way. This is the true gift of a regular yoga practice.
For course times & prices click here.